Last edit: Nov. 10/2018
- Full Windows 10 v1809 support (October 2018 update)
- Disabled more services;
BcastDVRUserService, BluetoothUserService, CaptureService, cbdhsvc, ConsentUxUserSvc, DevicePickerUserSvc, PrintWorkflowUserSvc
- Disabled more scheduled tasks;
Schedule Scan Static Task, USO_UxBroker
- Disabled Clipboard history & cross-device logging.
- Disabled Edge silent background startup.
- Disabled SmartScreen startup app control.
- Disabled all "AI Insights/SwiftKey" keylogging-text-prediction bullshit.
- Fixed unresponsive W-key option (enable/disable Task View) when selected in the main menu.
- Fixed /U switch not disabling automatic updates on Windows 10 in some cases.
- Fixed the 'Current User' Ad-ID token not getting removed properly.
- Fixed "Invalid console session size" error appearing for some users even when running with 80+ columns width.
- Fixed KB update hiding script not getting properly generated and executed when it's filepath contains whitespaces, causing syntax errors.
- Fixed temporary files not getting created under some circumstances, causing Blackbird to quit due to a fatal error.
- Fixed the 'loopback' bug that caused Blackbird to re-apply itself when running Verbose Mode (/v) with any other switches.
- Fixed a bug in versions 1.0.27/28 that caused scheduled task states to sometimes not get properly backed up.
- Another attempt to fix the /L switch not restoring LAN connectivity in some cases. Shut up.
- Added system speaker beeps support. Currently only used if fatal errors are encountered.
- Added support for partial Blacbird execution by starting with the following switches;
/updates = Only secure/remove KB updates.
/tasks = Only secure/disable scheduled tasks.
/services = Only secure/disable services.
/registry = Only secure registry.
/hostblock = Only run IP/host blocker.
v1.0.28- Fixed App Manager failing to disable apps that have been restored during a Windows update.
v1.0.27- Improved STD mode; Now users have the option to confirm or skip force removal of any found task.
v1.0.15- Minor scanning speed optimizations (Scan Mode/startup).
v1.0.11- Fixed the "Invalid column size" startup error experienced by some users.
v1.0.1- Fixed network/LAN connectivity (incl.NAS/SMB/DLNA) not working after using the /L switch.
v1.0 - Complete rewrite- Improved Scan Mode/startup scanner; Now properly detects all problems instead of checking for hardcoded values.
v0.9.98- Added a switch to fix LAN connectivity problems after running Blackbird v0.9.97 or later (
v0.9.97- Full Windows 10 Anniversary/Redstone support
v0.9.95- New, more awesome logo and icon
v0.9.93- Added "alpha build" automatic Lenovo/Dell "Superfish" removal (certificates, registry, files,..)
v0.9.92- Added support for external hosts file (see ReadMe for more details)
v0.9.89- Disabled Windows 7/8 "Recommended updates received the same way as important updates" to prevent Windows 10 silent download
v0.9.88- Partial rewrite/restructure:
v0.9.85- Added checks at startup to prevent Blackbird applying to Redstone builds as they are not currently supported and may damage your OS
v0.9.82- Switches can now be ran independently without applying Blackbird (excluding Verbose and Silent mode)
v0.9.8- Disabled additional AIT agents on Windows 7/8
v0.9.7- Added new servers to blacklist (Lenovo spyware included)
v0.9.6- Full IPv6 support (all interfaces;wifi/eth)
v0.9.1- Fixed "Telemetry = Not blocked" startup scan bug appearing in some cases, even if telemetry is properly blocked
v0.9 - "The UI Update"- User interface overhaul
v0.89.3- All system AutoLoggers disabled
v0.89 - "The Website Update"- New logo,icon,website
v0.7- Full Windows 10 support; more spyware removed
v0.5- More scheduled tasks disabled/removed
v0.3.1- fixed parsing error
v0.3- public release